A Root Canal is a treatment which helps in repairing and saving a tooth that has been decayed, cracked, infected or even traumatized. During the procedure of root canal, the pulp and the nerve are removed and the tooth’s inside is thoroughly cleansed, and sealed. If left untreated, the tissue around the tooth may be infected and will result in abscesses..
Even if there are no symptoms, the below signs may indicate for root canal:
- Rigorous toothache, chewing food results in severe pain or feeling some kind of pressure.
- Extended pain or sensitivity to cold or heat temperatures (after the hot or cold food or beverages have been removed or consumed).
- Darkening or discoloration of the infected tooth.
- Swelling as well tenderness in the surrounding gums.
- A recurring or persistent pimple constantly present on the gums.